Our initiatives help families increase their incomes, build savings, and find adequate employment.
The Keep the Change! Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program saves low- to moderate-income families hundreds of dollars in filing fees and refund anticipation loans. This past tax season, the VITA program put $4.2 million back into our community in the form of tax refunds and credits.
- 2,547 working families used our free income tax program and received a total of $4.8 million in refunds and Earned Income Tax Credits and saved $52K in fees for services
- 56 adults earned their GED
- 135 low-income, elderly or disabled received desperately needed home repairs
- Jackson Asset Building Coalition – VITA Tax Program (JSU, Tougaloo, Hinds Community College Single Stop, IRS, Jackson Medical Mall, Medgar Evers Library, Prosperity Center)
- JSU Continuing Education Learning Center
- Madison Countians Allied Against Poverty (MadCAAP)
- Midtown Partners
- Mississippi Center for Justice – Net Roots Credit Partnership
- Prosperity Center of Greater Jackson